View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 02:16 PM
BioDiesel Hopeful

First of all, Mark is a girl (Mark is just a nickname).

Second, I attended her workshop here in St. Louis, MO last weekend and it was phenomenal. She is a dyed in the wool do-it-yourselfer, and really knows her stuff when it comes to homebrew biodiesel. I already knew quite a bit about biodiesel, and have run vehicles on SVO, but I learned a lot from Mark. She was incredibly helpful, worked late into the night on both nights working with people (and even stayed for a third day (gratis) just to make sure everyone's equipment was finished properly), and was otherwise completely selfless in her desire to get people going with biodiesel.

She's not making money on this (with all the equipment she buys and the repairs she's had to do on her truck, she's probably losing money on the venture), and yet she still does it because she believes in it, which I respect!

So anyway, just wanted to leave a glowing recommendation for her, if you have a chance to participate in one of her workshops I highly recommend it. We had people coming from over 200 miles away just for the workshop (some farmers coming from rural missouri with the hope of heating their homes and powering their tractors with biodiesel) who left very happy and excited, if that counts for anything. Even if you don't start making fuel right away, you'll leave having more hands-on experience with biodiesel than you thought possible.

peace,
Sam