View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Zero

Tie rods are simple, you need a tie rod fork or seperator and a mini sledge. Undo the nut and slide the fork between the tie rod end and pitman arm. Bang the end of the fork with the hammer and the tie rod should pop off with a little bit of effort.

The tie rod is just two ends on a threaded tube, their is one on each side of the car. With a center link (aka drag link) tieing both ends together. I recently replaced both tie rods the center link and rebuilt the idler arm on my SDL. It made a big difference in my steering feel and took out a lot of play in my wheel. If their is no rust on the tie rod tube just get 4 tie rod ends and replace them. Make sure to count the threads to get close to the proper length. Get an alignment done after.

Shocks on my SDL look simple I assume you just undo the top bolt and then undo the bottom and slide the old one out of their. Use only Bilstein shocks to the extra cost is well worth it.

Replace your steering damper while your at it, it's only $22 and might make a difference.
2007 Tiara 3200