View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 10:44 PM

a/c question-compressor blown?

sorry this isn't specifically benz related, but its a general enough question where it could apply to any car. Just for referance the car is a 96 integra. Basically air conditioning worked fine one day, and the next day wasn't working at all. I got one of the recharge kits, and sure enough the lower pressure side read zero. I was able to fill it up with the recharge kit, but only the right a/c vent got cold. About ten minutes later the compressor had cut itself back off, and the air went back to warm, guage red zero again. So, i figured i had a decent sized leak, and the freon with the red dye in it should help me, but i cannot find the leak anywhere. I smell nothing odd inside the cabin(which would lead to evaporator), and i don't see ANY leaks on any of the lines. I'm guessing i have an internaly blown compressor, does this sound reasonable to you guys? The car has 102k florida driven miles which is another reason i suspect the compressor, they seem to wear out first. thanks in advance,
Ryan
2001 IS300.......sold
2002 330i.........current.
2004 highlander limited....current.