View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 04:10 PM

Angry Some &$*@&! attacked my wagon

I was cruising along the 101 a couple of days ago (for the locals - and there seem to be a lot posting here - this was southbound between Fairview and Patterson) when I saw what I initially assumed to be leaf or a piece of garbage fluttering up in the wind from the side of the freeway...

Then I heard a loud POP! and it seemed like my windshield had exploded .

In another second I realized the thing I had seen out of the corner of my eye was in fact a rock someone had thrown from the side of the freeway. I pulled over and called the cops (when I got through to the 911 operator she said, "You're in the beige station wagon? Someone has already called it in, the CHP is on its way." Damn, people are quick here!)

My friend and I got out and tried to find the guy who did it - I was totally ready to give him the biggest beating of his life . All we found was a big pile of rocks ready for throwing, whoever had done it was long gone. The CHP guys were friendly and helpful, but of course there's no chance of catching the bastard unless maybe he strikes again .

$300 to replace the windshield... but hey, at least it isn't pitted and prone to glare like my old one . I guess considering this sort of thing can be fatal (if the rock had made it through the glass or by causing an accident on the freeway) 300 bucks lost isn't the worst that could have happened.

Sorry for the crappy pics, my good camera seems to have gone kaput...
Attached Thumbnails
Some &$*@&! attacked my wagon-glass1.jpg   Some &$*@&! attacked my wagon-glass2.jpg   Some &$*@&! attacked my wagon-glass3.jpg   Some &$*@&! attacked my wagon-glass4.jpg