View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 07:25 PM

Right turns...

Just wanted to chime in and say this thread was very informative for my situation. I have a 1997 C36 which has the same symptoms as described here to the T. I also find it most prone when taking sharp right-hand turns. Tranny appears to stick in freewheel mode (with the engine revs redlining) until I come to a stop. Then without any drama the transmission appears back to normal. This has happenned twice in the past week so far. It is not happenning to often yet.

VERY unnerving.

In my case I had a prior transmission issue (73K miles) in which a clutch pack failed. I had the transmission rebuilt at that time.

Now I have this problem at 116K.

I wasn't expecting to find a thread on this as the symptoms sounded too odd to be common. Well, thank goodness I found this one!

Would anyone else have any similar experiences? Or any further advice to add for troubleshooting? I'd greatly appreciate it.

I am trying to schedule a time to have my mechanic look into this. I will show him the info in this thread. Hopefully it will help determine root cause quickly. If anything gets resolved i'll be sure to post an update.

Thanks,
Christian