View Single Post
Old 03-17-2001, 01:45 PM
John Hess
Posts: n/a
Refractometer versus Hydrometer

Jim, if your green coolant indicator gage thingy contains several "little balls," that is a hydrometer. Hydrometers are designed for a specific coolant chemistry. They would not be truly accurate when measuring the freeze point of a different chemistry.
For any coolant, your best measurement tool is a refractometer. Better cooling system service shops keep one in their tool box.
Reply With Quote