View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzball
Wow...what a week my poor SD has had....

Sunday the interior light stops lighting when you open the door. You can turn it on manually, but no go with the door.
Monday the front AND rear drivers side brakes start to grind.....no sensor notification. The light lites at startup, but not to say...Hey, get me new pads!
Thursday a guy decides his cell phone is more important than his driving and, while waiting in dead stop traffic he bumps into the read of the car. No damage...probably a 2mph hit, but it just fries my behind....
Friday night, driving down the road and my alarm starts blaring. Got the horn disconnected in about 3 minutes flat, but this morning when I get in the car I can hear the alarm ticking on/off.
Can't unlock the trunk to save my butt....alarm has it sealed tighter than tuts tomb.

Thankfully, I have found a lot of info about the alarm and have a few things to try....the worst part of all of this is finding the time to do a brake job.......well.....I guess that sleep thing is a little overrated......

So, I guess this means that I'm about to hit the automotive jackpot!! Woo Hooooooo......
Not wanting to sound critical but when was the last time you actually checked your car out for things like worn ball joints etc?

Not a good idea to go through life waiting for a light to tell you when your car needs something.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche