View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Brandon314159

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms
I doubt it. They'll probably then dig up the law that requires him to have tags and insurance on all cars, or else they are considered derelict. In Savannah, they have some tuff laws regarding derelict vehicles. Anything that can not crank up and move under it's own power is considered derelict. Depending who you speak with at the city govt., you also have to have a current registration and tag. Before you can get a tag, you must have insurance. The state now has a database that cross checks insurance records with a tag number and can be checked at any time. Major work is not permitted inside the city limits either. Most times they don't mess with you unless a neighbor complains or you are making money by working on vehicles (because they are not getting their cut ). But I've seen quite a few people get ticketed, fined and threatened with jail time if repeated. I moved outside the city limits 7 years ago and couldn't be happier.
Yes...here in oregon (atleast our city) you are supposed to have current insurance, tags, the whole 9 yards on a car that doesn't even touch the street.
Sounds like pocket money plan for the insurance companies to me...very BS to me.
there are 6 cars at our house...our driveway looks like WWII re-enactment in progress...
Nobody complains...else they get their lawns salted...:-p