View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 06:03 PM
French Fry Fuel

My 300D is probably totaled

Hey guys,

Remember my 300D that I bought about 4-5 months ago for a lot of money because it was cherry at 100,000 miles? Yeah, the one I replaced the headgasket and radiator on, fixed all the oil leaks, converted her to WVO with a 2nd tank and all, put a full stereo in it this weekend and all new rotors, pads, bearings and shocks last weekend. She was just getting the way I wanted. On the trip up to San Fran I was thinking, "man, she is running perfectly on clean renweable fuels, the stereo is bumping, all the differed maintenance is finished..." I was so happy.

But today on the way to a doctor's appointment, I was rear ended at 25+ mph. I was coming to an intersection right before a freeway on ramp. I was going about 35 when I noticed the traffic light was out. Fearing that the entire intersection might be down, I started braking. I was braking hard, but definantaly not near a panic stop. As I get down to 5 mph I look in my rear view mirror and see a Honda coming at me at fast. BAM! Hit hard ... head whipped into the head rest, instrument cluster pops out.

I get off the road and the guy follows. His Civic was messed up pretty bad. My car looked good from the back, but once you look at the left rear quarter, you know it was mangled. The quarter is wrinkled in three places up to 6 inches back from the left rear door. The door barely opens and closes and is a good 1/4" out of alignment. The transmission is having a really hard time shifting, because I imagine the driveline is compressed or something.

The jackass is uninsured and probably doesn't have a drivers license. He was really uncooperative and aggressive. He wouldn't give me any information and I was scared he would get violent or take off if I brang up the cops. I got his name, a phone number and his license plate. I don't have collision on my car, so my insurance won't pay a penny. He looked to be broke as hell, so I doubt I would see a penny out of him, even if I took him to court.

Oh well, it is just a car. But this on top of some medical concerns is really getting me down.

Cassidy

1972 MB 220D - RIP @ ~200K (Dropped prechamber)
1992 MB 190E 2.6 - SOLD @ 145K