View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Eliel
He doesn't have collision insurance AND uninsured motorist coverage is for medical not collision. (i think......).

Without collision his insurance company owes him nothing. I pay about $800 total per year for my 300D ($500 deductable) AND thats here in SO CA. Collision doesn't cost that much for these older cars, I've just been reading too many horror stories about drivers not carrying ANY collision insurance. Even carrying something with a $1,000 deductible is worth it for a cherry 123 diesel.

Now if yours is a total beater (or your drive with a sign that says "steal me please") that is another issue.
No you are wrong, Collision cover his car if he is "AT FAULT", if the other guy is at fault they have to pay you as if he was, they then go after him legally to recover funds. Thats how it works most places, Like PA, MD, and VA. Ask me how i know. OH, and Deductible does not apply in that situation either. They will try to weasle out of it but stand your ground and call the insurance commisioner first then sue them in court. This is EXACTLY why they require uninsured motorist riders. It covers property (his car) AND medical.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche