View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:36 PM
L' Résistance

240D Cylinder head

Need a head for the 84 Euro 240D.

I am 99% sure that a head from a US 240D will be tha same as long as it is one from the later years having parallel glow plugs. Maybe the cam might be different on the Euro, but I see no reason why the head itself wouldn't be the same. In doing some online snooping around, I find some places which list the new type as starting in 1980, while other places show it as 1981.

I have E-Mailed a couple of these places to check availability, but so far they don't seem to be in any hurry to reply.

At this point, I have the offer of a head from Randy's 1980 parts car (thanks Randy). This one has parallel glow plugs, but the head is in unknown condition. Apparently the engine hasn't run in several years as the engine tossed the balancer back when Brian (Diesel Power) had it, if not before. We would have to pull the head from where the car sits in the weeds at LeathermanG's place which is 200 miles away.

We also located a supposed good used head in storage locally, but can't find out the year or price until top of next week.

In the meantime, does anybody know if all 240D heads with parallel glow plugs would be interchangable or not, and what year was the break between series and parallel glow plugs?

Thanks

2004 C240 Wagon 203.261 Baby Benz
2008 ML320 CDI Highway Cruiser
2006 Toyota Prius, Saving the Planet @ 48 mpg
2000 F-150, Destroying the Planet @ 20 mpg

TRUMP .......... WHITEHOUSE
HILLARY .........JAILHOUSE
BERNIE .......... NUTHOUSE
0BAMA .......... OUTHOUSE