View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Senior Member, Senioritis

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodiesel
I think you are just being a perfectionist with it. Many people drive these things into the ground with little to no maintience.. I see them all the time. Injectors are a little noisy.. leave them be. Vacuum pump is fine.. leave it alone. It grenading on you isn't a big issue. Just change the oil and trans fluid and keep it.

Hi, my name is Jason and i'm a member of MNA (Mercedes Neglegence Anonymous ). Just kidding, I do the basic maintenance, and usually save up for a rainy day in which something horrible goes wrong. Right now, thinking about the vacuum pump as i've been warned that at 180,000, it should be retired for a newer unit. Lifters noisy, Pretty sure injectors are noisy, needs new hoses and what not (cooling and fuel), my hood is a black generic one that hasn't been repainted to match, sunroof still a mechanical mess as i'm too lazy to put it back together fully. Rear window switch that doesn't work, fader switch that bugs me, no A/C, no Cruise Control, antenna is going south and I think i'll stop cause even i didn't know my car had this many faults just off the top of my head.

00 Subaru Legacy (fun wagon)
96 Nissan Sentra (disavowed)
82 300SD (garage queen, will run again hopefully)
87 300DT (Gone: 10/15/2010)