View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 10:19 AM

Did I mention that I have a 12 disc CD changer inside the spare tire and a Pioneer CD in the dash with all new speakers and an extra pair of 6x9 3-way's on the floor by the back hatch. What noise? I have an eclectic taste in music but 3 of George Strait's best and 9 of the Time-Life sounds of the 70's as well as a couple dozen 60's such as Santana, Guess Who, Three Dog Night, America, Joe Walsh, and many more. Crank that up to about 15 to 20 on the volume dial and you can't hear anything from the motor.

Actually, I like the sound of that motor burbling along at 75 or so. My last "major" thought was what a great motor that would make in a boat! Anyway, the ringing in my ears has finally subsided and there is no other car I would rather take on a long trip.

My though process is this. If the motor is running fine when you leave, and you watch the temp gauge closely, you will not have any problem with the motor. The rest of the car is old school simple and anyone can fix it. I will not say the same for my BMW.

Mike Holbrook
Spring Valley, CA
83 300TD