View Single Post
Old 03-18-2001, 11:09 PM

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this (or maybe it is). But I'm going to keep it short and sweet anyways..

The main reason I left the dealership and went back to Precision was because I was absolutely disgusted with today's "plastic" Mercedes (sorry to all you new car owners). But having direct experience on them really told me alot about the quality of their products anymore. I prefer vintage models, and that's what we work on at Precision, and it was terrible to see that only a few of us at the dealership knew what we were doing when a vintage one rolled in. Most of the guys there would just stare at a Bosch injetion pump and scratch their heads until one of us came over to assist them. However, those guys who lacked "mechanical" skill are experts on the computer stuff. But all this new modular design, inside and out isn't my idea of what the Mercedes-Benz star stands for. This is a company that built incredible cars like the 540K and the 300SL Gullwing and now they're just going plastic like everyone else. Well, at least Rolls Royce and Bentley still retain their dignity. And now what do I read in the newest issue of The Star??? Mercedes-Benz going NASCAR?!?!?!?! I won't even start on that..