View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 07:20 PM

Question Anyone park their diesels and went to gassers because of the high price of diesel?

Has anyone parked their diesels because of the high price of diesel fuel? I am about to park my 300D and drive my wife's Tahoe. I'm going to drive the Tahoe when I reach empty on my 300D. I had threatened to do so when the price reached $2.19 but then my 230CE ended up needing new CV axles so I kept driving the 300D even when diesel was up to $2.27 at the cheapest place. Well now it's jumped to $2.39 and that was in just in a week's time. I'm just not going to pay such prices and I'm glad I've got other choices. The Tahoe runs just fine on Reg UL at that's still below $2.00. The Tahoe gets no worse than 17 MPG's and according to my math it's cheaper to drive than the 300D at 25 MPG's. Hopefully the axles will be in this week as promised and I'll be back to driving the 230CE which gets over 25 MPG's. I feel sorry for those of you who don't have other vehicles to drive that run on UL but I commend those of you who are ingenious to convert your oil burners to WVO and not have to rely on the thieves who run the refineries. I'm going to do my research on this forum and elsewhere so I also can run on WVO.

84 300D Turbodiesel 190K with 4 speed manual sold in 03/2012