View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 03:16 AM

Talking

I have a similiar car with 260,000 miles and if you think I am going to sell it to you or anyone for $3000, you can KMA. I'm tired of you cheapskates not willing to pay a decent price for a wonderfull car, one that the likes of will never again be made.

uh...okay. anyway....

If the body is rust and damage free and the interior is as good as you say it is, its worth $3000 even if it doesn't run. Remember, mechanical parts can be brought back to new, but bodies never can.

good advice. and the car IS in excellent shape. regarding the guy earlier who mentioned a much more worn model in NY with an asking price of $5000 (yoinks!)

BTW, a 300SD is not a classic MB and never will be. Its a work horse and will give you many miles of lowcost and reliable service. That's why I have mine, in fact I have 3 of them I like them so much.

well, you got me there. but i'm glad that behind the snarky antagonism you're a huge fan of the car. i appreciate the curmudgeonly tone. despite your verbal semi-hazing, i still want to be able to chant (like the rest of you all) "one of us...one of us".

the extra fuel tank holds approx. 15-20 gallons. (the range with two full tanks, according to the owner is 800 miles)

The way I see it, bottom line, how much is the drive train worth? Take that price and add or subtract it to the interior/electrical/suspension/brakes/tires condition of the car.

If it were me looking at your car, I would have offered $2,000 and see what happens. Then if the car checks out with a good vintage MB mechanic, I'll decide if I purchase it for their or my price.

thanks for that advice.

by the by- i'm extremely impressed by the fervor with which the members on this board love their cars. and the quick response to questions asked. you guys rock!