View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 03:23 PM

"Why can't we have modern diesel cars here?"

I live in California. We have plenty of government here. We even have our own little EPA called the California Air Resources Board who actually know better than the federal government, what is good for America. They have made it illegal for me to have a new MB diesel car. I can buy a S600 that actually makes twice as much pollution as a S320 CDI, but it is the pollution argument that is used to stop new diesel cars from being sold here. It is more likely that entrenched economic interests are in control.

Europeans are buying new diesel autos faster than gasoline powered autos. If it were just the Frech, I would accept the simple 'cheaper fuel' explanation. But just about everyone is buying diesel cars, even the richest of the rich. There is more to this than meets the eye. If the diesel revolution has not started in the US yet, it may be time to start it.

I hope you enjoy what I write and I hope that you will engage in criticism and discussion that will help guide my research. Here is the first installation:

http://home.comcast.net/~mr.diesel.3/Whats_The_Deal.html