View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 01:27 AM
All-seeing, all-knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervman
I'm no tree-hugger, but I don't think any right minded person can argue against clean air legislation PROVIDED it is applied equally to all polluters.
RWThomas1 hit the nail on the head, cars are NOT the problem anymore in North America. It is the industrial polluters, and unregulated vehicles that are causing the problems and the politicians don't have the guts to do anything about it. Much easier to penalize the car buyers and drivers that have been brainwashed into thinking they are still the reason the smog accumulates in our cities.
Right on target, bro.

Our main electricity supplier here in Atlanta and the surrounding area, Georgia Power, puts out more air pollution, water pollution, and solid waste pollutants than ALL of the cars in the metro area COMBINED! And that's just one company! There are factories, refineries, and utility companies of all types that are belching out WAY more pollution than cars ever have.

Then there's trucks, city busses, school busses, trains, planes, tractors and other farm equipment, heavy construction equipment, generators, incinerators, lawnmowers/weedeaters/chainsaws/leafblowers/etc. (surprisingly gross polluters!), military vehicles...... all of which are completely unregulated by the EPA or CARB, and all of which are putting out more air pollution than modern cars AND well-kept older cars like our trusty old MB diesels.

The clueless diesel car haters are barking up the wrong tree.

Mike
_____
1982 300D-gone---sold to a buddy
_____
1985 300TD
270,000 miles
_____
1994 E320
not my favorite, but the wife wanted it

www.myspace.com/mikemover
www.myspace.com/openskystudio
www.myspace.com/speedxband