View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 10:21 PM

i have a number of benzes.

until i acquired my c140, my fave was my c126.

and i still like the 126, but the 140 is a better bit of engineering.

its suspension is better. it goes through the twisty-bits at a higher speed.

its engine is better. it has the hp and torque that the us version 126's were denied.

it's quieter.

on the other hand, it is too wide for narrow roads. this makes it more than a handful. additionally, the front end disappears from the view of the driver, this makes it more of a driving mystery than the c126.

braking is superb.

odd tire size is not a virtue. but i must tell you that the avid v4s are great. so superior to the michelin shoes that michelin thought would own the owners of these benzes. thank you yokohama.

coefficient of drag is so refined. in the c126, opening the driver side window at any speed would beat you to death. in this c140, one can run 60+ with the driver side window open and do it without your ear being beaten to death.

on the other hand, the sunroof deflector in the c126 is far superior to the deflector in the c140.

closing with this, the c126 has 238 bhp. the c140 has 315bhp. the c126 has a difficult time giving me 13mpg. the c140 routinely gives me 16+mpg.

you do the math.

i like the c140. it is the best for running at 100+ on the houston rent-a-bahn.

buy one while you can. one of the most expensive production autos ever manufactured. you will not find anything like it in the future.

but, make sure that you have reservoirs of cash. benz is going to find a way to get back the beaucoup of dough that they spent on this model. what do you figure the 140 series cost benz? i figure several billions of dollars. they are going to be intent on getting that back.

if you own a 140, prepare to bend over.