View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 11:23 AM
All-seeing, all-knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFreeh
Oh please....

Hasn't the Federal government already told enough people what the can and can't do?!?@!$@$

I fully support the rights of the people in California to pass any environmental law they feel is needed to address local pollution issues - this is the way government should operate.

The auto manufacturers (with constant prodding from government regulators) have made absolutely amazing progress on the emission front, who knows what is possible in the future? Left to their own devices the car companies will certainly not continue the work on emissions reductions.

I'm not ready to move to California but I do look forward to what ULSD in 2007 will bring - maybe a C270CDI with a six speed?
Agreed. The federal government already hugely oversteps its bounds by infringing on states' rights to manage their own affairs. The medical marijuana issue is an ongoing example of this gross violation of states' rights by federal agencies.

The people of Kalifornia should have the right to pass whatever loony, over-the-top, radical environmental laws that they wish. It's their state. They are the ones that have to live with whatever environmental benefits it creates, as well as whatever economic consequences and personal limitations it creates.

The rest of us have the right to choose NOT to live there, and to NOT follow their lead.

Mike
_____
1982 300D-gone---sold to a buddy
_____
1985 300TD
270,000 miles
_____
1994 E320
not my favorite, but the wife wanted it

www.myspace.com/mikemover
www.myspace.com/openskystudio
www.myspace.com/speedxband