View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 03:00 PM

86 300E low beam headlight problem.

1986 300e passenger side low beam headlight problem

Ok...I have thouroughly searched the site and gotten valuable information, followed it and am still stumped.

1) My passenger side headlight went out right before I was going to get it inspected.

2) Bought a new bulb(in retrospect this was a foolish thing to do before I did other steps). Replaced bulb . Did not work.

3) Driver side bulb for low beam headlight was working so I switched it to passenger side. Passenger side headlight still did not work.

4) Looked up mercedesshop for fuse list (since my car seemed to have lost its fuse list). Thanks to those who have posted the list electronically. Replaced fuse 14. (replaced 13 - 16 as well for the heck of it). Still did not work. Note the High beam on the passenger side is working so I cant see it being a wiring issue. Am I wrong..?

5) after much searching on Mercedesshop for further info I replaced fuses 3,4,5 as well just in case and also 'screwed/turned' the fuses in place in case the leads were corroded. Still nothing.

Can you guys help? Do I have to check the relays? Should I get a whole new set of fuses and replace the lot(thats seems to be a ineffective 'carpet bomb' approach)? Can it be the wiring(even with the high beam working)?

Appreciate any input.
1999 Mitsubishi Spyder GS 60K