View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddict
This is a little off topic but I just wanted to correct you. USA is by far the biggest polluter on this planet, something like 30% of all greenhouse gas emissions, but India and China are big polluters too and I agree they should be included in the Kyoto Protocol.

Speaking about pollution, I believe the best thing anyone can do short of riding a bicycle is to get a light-duty diesel vehicle and run on pure biodiesel. That's hard to do as of now, but hopefully biodiesel will become cheaper and more available in the near future.
Not so far off topic........that treaty is an enviro-nazi manifesto, practicly making it impossible to use motor vehicles.

China pollutes far more than the USA,(how many Billions live there?) they have no Pollution controls at all. Yet they are exempt, same with India, Both can use all the R-12 they want dump all they want and we have to get stuck with R-134. USA is larger and more sparesly populated than many and as such internal comustion engines are needed. And in those Diesel. Like The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, they expect the rest of us to shoulder all of the burden, while exempting themselves.

Sort of like the UN.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche