View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Senior Benz fanatic

I think China has Far more than 5 times the population of the USA. India is about at that level and china is far bigger. Now who produces these facts, the Left leaning Enviromental lobby or the UN with its anti USA agenda. They are clearly slanted by design.

I am not against pollution controls. I am against the overzealous loons in Cali trying to dictate to the rest of us.

Factor in most of China is heated not with electricity but Coal, wood and cow dung. Pollution comes from more sources than cars. Factor in Industries in china that are completely unregulated. India is more fortunate in that its climate means heating needs are limited to certain geographic areas, but again lots of industry unregulated and most of the cars, Motorcycles and mopeds are gross polluters by US Federal standards.

Chinas enviromental damage do to dumping and total lack of industrial smog controls makes Russia and its factory cities look like enviromental gardens of eden. Hell even national Geographic had extensive articles to that effect.

Yet the Kyoto treaty exempts them and the liberals bash the USA for refusing to ratify a treaty writen by design to wreck only the US economy if followed to the letter.

Yes China and India use far less electricity per capita then Americans, so does most of central and south america and every other less developed country. But even the worst of our generating plants is cleaner then the best of theirs. And they have far more and far worse places than the much remembered Love Canal

I support the US Federal clean air act, NOT the Peoples republic of Kalifornias version. I would love the new mercedes diesel and if it wasn't priced at twice what I can afford I would have one.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 11-02-2004 at 08:09 PM.