View Single Post
Old 03-20-2001, 07:34 PM
GT

I tried browsing through some responses on this topic and have to admit to feeling stupid (offsets, 205/65/15 vs 205/60-15 vs 225/50-16 and 205/55-16, etc etc).

I want 3 season tires with good wet weather performance, good handling, good ride, and good wear. I have been running the standard contis and am ready for a change.
Winter driving / car washes / etc have made my OEM wheels ugly, and I want to save them for winter tires. So I want nice looking wheels that are easy to clean (it's a wagon, so I don't want anything racy). And I want something cheaper than the outrageous prices for a new set of OEM wheels.

however, I tried to purchase a set of ATP type 8 wheels (15 inch) from the Tire Rack for winter, and the lug nuts supplied (two sets, Brian made sure the second set were "correct") were just a tad too long and after two trips to the dealer had to return them (sadly).

That sort of put me off of the whole aftermarket wheel thing. Note that the dealer did not charge me for trying to make the ATP's fit, they only charged me to mount the snows back onto my original OEM wheels, so I don't think they were out to screw me (there were more than 2 hours of labor I didn't pay for while they were trying to get the ATPs to fit onto the car). Furthermore, I have had no problems with the OEM wheels since.

So, does anyone have any wheels that they know will fit a 95 E320 wagon (preferably 16", but 15" will do nicely)? Should I just give up on aftermarket wheels and stick to OEMs?

And what tires / sizes should I get? I do intend on purchasing from Tirerack again as they were most helpful.

Thanks for all of your help.