View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 12:14 AM

Smile

You're right Tomguy the CD specifies 0.5mm and thank you for the explanation - it makes more sense now.

Pfred I'm looking at the plugs right now (thanks to wireless technology, I've got my computer in the garage - all I need now is a digitall camera so that I can post the conditions of the plugs) and they are all grey to a light reddish brown. Very fine deposit on the tips of the electrodes, no blistering and in looking at the whole set they look pretty consistent in their colouring and conditions. So it looks like all the cylinders are performing similarly (but I haven't done a compression test on this engine though). Could the reddish brown deposits be contributed from the 'Flash Lube' additive?

"If it aint broke don't fix it!" - so I will take your advise and go with what's currently being used.

Now back to the gaps, the current ones are set to 0.7mm, now it's advised to set it to 0.8mm - would 0.1mm make a big differrence?

Thank you everyone for all the wise advise ...

Cheers,

Ysmael

ps - I've attached a scanned picture of Tobias on the delivery trip from Melbourne. Sorry for the poor quality but will post better ones after I invest in a digital camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Spark Plug Question/Clarification-tobias.jpg  

Last edited by yogiysh; 11-09-2004 at 06:31 AM.