View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 02:46 PM
SL Owner

not the point

the point isn't that. Actually, in this area, Don Pool is one of the better shops. But just go do a google, click on newsgroups, and type "Don Pool" mercedes. See what's up there. It's for real, they are arrogant. The stories strike me as completely real because that's what I have experienced. Then again, every job they have done for me they did right the first time. So if you take your car in there, it'll probably get fixed right which is something the majority of the shops in this area cannot say.

With that said (and I comment more on it in a moment, your past threads being evidence to it), please add-up for the group the TOTAL dollars you spent on your transmission issues here for the last two years, not just the latest repair.The number will be very interesting and HUGE. Do you really think this was an economical end to all of this. Again though, to their credit, their mechanics are good. They just aren't friendly in my experience and in that of others. Your data point will stack up against mine, others mentioning it on this site, and on the open Internet (search on google, newsgroups). So it's good that, in your experience, it was good. Put one in the "good experience" column but also put a dollar figure next to that final transmission repair bill, TOTAL.

For your issue, if you search back through your threads, you'll see you were caught-up in a litany of partial repairs before they socked it to you. In fact, in one case, it makes me think that something you spotted in there was brought to their attention and they missed it (something about them telling you it's a common problem, all of them do it, the next thing is that you are back in there with that part shaking out in peices from the engine). We tend to bond with our captors and defend them. It's a common thing for hostages. For those that can't work on their car or have a problem serious enough that it needs a mechanic, we tend to bond with the captors. I'm glad to hear good things about Fuchs, I heard the shop is called SilverStar motors or something like that. I plan on trying him with the next issue because my skin may be thin on the next repair.