View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 04:48 PM

Hi All --

Thanks a lot for the help! So far the none of the symptoms have returned, even the fog light switch works properly. My earlier post may have been incorrect about the led on the fog light switch. That led is only supposed to come on when the switch is pulled out to the second stop (indicating that the rear fog lights are on) and it works fine now. I do not remember if I pulled it out to the second stop when the symptoms first appeared.

I have an appointment at the Stealership on Nov. 11, (warranty expires this January) and I will mention all the possibilities you listed.

The engine has never been washed and, to my knowledge, has never encountered more than a couple of rain drops.

I will check the fuses and I may check the voltage regulator before I bring the car in. But I will be certain to have the Stealer check the ignition switch (EIS), the combination/master relay, the signal activation module (SAM) and the wiring harness paying particular attention to the various grounds.

Thanks to M.B.Doc, Cal Ratcliff, Kestas, dreamer, ericgr, and Gilly.
C55: Evosport headers & UDP's; AMS crank; TVT thermo; phenolic spacers; Denso IK16's; EuroTech ECU; RennTech cf airbox w/ Green filters; Z06 catch can; Sprintbooster; Optima RedTop; Quaife LSD; AMG: shift paddles, 030 rear calipers & rotors; Rotera brake lines; Euroteck CF lip; "C63" rear diffuser; 18" SLK AMG Turbines (summer); 18" OZ Superleggera's (winter); K40 dual f&r radar w/ laser jammers; MB: digital climate control, iPod kit & mp3 CD changer; iTronic B/T for MOST.