View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 03:03 PM

Did Canada cars have the split rubber strip bumper deal? I am in Bellingham, WA , (about 10 miles from the border) and I have seen 3 300Ds with the split rubber and turn signal lights on the fenders.
European 300Ds have no turbos after 1980?, ouch.
Interior is cloth, climate control seems manual, and it is a manual. Bumper trim, haven't looked yet.
I am still a noob, so swapping to a turbo OM617 seems a bit hard on an NA. I have only driven turbo autmatics, but the turbos are just at the threshold of where I feel unsafe with something any slower. I will look closer at the car next time I get a chance to go home, it seems like a pretty nice 300D though. If it is a nice gadget free rust free W123, how much money, time and expertise is needed to make it an OM617 turbo? I know I will probably want ot swap the engine to a turbo longblock with the beefier bottom end that turbos got, so I guess I am asking how hard the swap is, not how to turbocharge an NA OM617. Will the trans and clutch/ dual mass flywheel be able to cope with the extra power if I ever want to start messing with teh OM617 turbo?

Last edited by volvonoob; 11-10-2004 at 03:18 PM.