View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 09:09 PM

What this forum has meant to me....

Now that the Open Discussion is back, I just wanted to express how much participating on this forum has meant to me.

I had never really participated in a "club" before, much less an online discussion group such as this one.

I've never been the kind of guy who has done much socializing. I am the type who has a few very close friends, instead of having many acquaintances or casual friends. Outside of work and my family, I'm a pretty solitary guy.

Something just seemed to click for me when I found this forum. I found I like the people who frequent this forum, and since I joined, I have probably read, or at least scanned, nearly every single message that's been posted.

And because my job allows me to travel all over the U.S., I've met probably over 3 dozen members of the Shop Forum, in many different states, from the east coast to the west coast. I've met members at their houses and met their wives and kids, had picnics at parks and at the beach, enjoyed gtg's at restaurants, and even met Bill and Donnie at MB Autowerks (R.I.P.).

Meeting people like this is something I've obviously never done before, but it's made my life fuller, as well as making me a better person.

I'm glad the Open Discussion is back as it lets us discuss things about our lives other than cars.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, let's be polite and considerate, and not abuse the privelege the owners of this website are extending to us by reopening the Open Discussion.

Join me as I raise my glass for a toast.

2001 E430, Bourdeaux Red, Oyster interior.
79,200 miles.

1973 280SE 4.5, 170,000 miles. 568 Signal Red, Black MB Tex. "The Red Baron".