View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Oo[=|EIGEN|=]oO

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Tangofox: Yup, I think you're right. The real question though, is how much of a pain in the @$$ is it going to be to pull the radiator?

Eric: I think the difference is that the turbo models have an expansion tank mounted on the fender; my non-turbo 240D doesn't. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I could tell you why that is.

Brian: I think (and hope!) you're right about the oil cooler. That's the "thing of it", as they say. The Haynes manual agrees with you, although the oil cooler bracket is attached with a clip at the top rather than a bolt. I figured I'd ask since the two manuals that I have give slightly different procedures.

Hopefully I can get everything installed before the snow starts flying. If only I had a heated garage... or even a paved driveway! Luckily, I have friends who are probably foolish enough to let me use theirs. I'll have to do my best to avoid rewarding them with a puddle of antifreeze. In the meantime, I'll try using a product like BarsLeaks. I searched for it on the forum, and if it's good enough for LarryBible's 240D...

"When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not. Hmm?" - Yoda

Last edited by nategodin; 11-11-2004 at 12:48 AM.