Thread: Voltage leak
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2001, 01:21 AM
P.E.Haiges P.E.Haiges is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: PA
Posts: 5,440

One more technical nit: There is no such word as amperage but there is the word voltage. The correct word for a fuse rating is amperes which can be abbreviated amps. The word for electron flow is current with the unit in amps, milliamps, kiloamps, etc.

IE: This circuit is protected by a 5 ampere fuse.
The current used by the glow plugs is 80 amps.
This light bulb has a voltage rating of 120 volts.

If we use the correct technical terms it promotes better understanding.

Reply With Quote