View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Still pedaling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Benz
Interstate Batteries carries a large selection, and they might have one to fit yours.

Knowing what I do about programming handheld devices, make sure the voltage and maH (milliamps/hr.) rating matches your OEM unit. The chemical composition (NiH vs NiCad) may also be confusing your phone.

Your old battery has developed a "memory" (especially if it's the NiCad type), and won't hold a charge for more than a short duration until you can zap it dry. You may be able to get more life out of the OEM unit if you can take it to said battery shop and have them do a full discharge/recharge on that battery for at least three cycles.
Thanks for the advice!

I routinely let the OEM battery discharge completely before recharging it so it wouldn't get a short duration in memory. I think the battery simply got old-- nearly three years before it began to act up.

The new aftermarket battery has been fine now for a couple months. The phone simply decided not to accept it starting last night. Maybe the voltage changed or something?

I wish ATT still made that battery. It stinks that they don't support their own equipment because two years old is TOO old to bother with!

Current:
2014 VW Tiguan SEL 4Motion 43,000 miles.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (wife's).

Past:
2006 Jetta TDI 135,970 miles. Sold Nov. '13.
1995 E-320 Special Edition. 220,200 miles. Sold Sept. '07.
1987 190-E 16 valve. 153,000 miles. Sold Feb. '06.
1980 300-D 225,000 miles. Donated to the National Kidney Foundation.
1980 240-D manual, 297,500 miles. Totaled by inattentive driver.