View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 03:09 PM
webwench

Angry Do they make money in spite of themselves?

I really wonder how some of these folks stay in business:

Took my Jeep in for an oil change recently (yeah, I know... but the oil filter is a pain in the ass to get at), and shortly thereafter, while wondering why my 30,000-mile Jeep was now smelling funny and leaking oil all over the garage, discovered the oil filter was loose, oil dumping over the side of it, and the oil filler cap missing, and the oil level was low low low Spent two days playing phone tag with those jokers to get them to agree to redo the oil change, replace the missing cap, and put everything back together), and not only did they not call me when it was done, but it never occurred to them once to apologize for the inconvenience. (And it is an inconvenience, I still haven't figured out how I'm going to go get the damned thing )

Ordered a new key tumbler from the dealership for the 300D early this week, which was supposed to come in Thursday, at which time they were supposed to call me. Well, they didn't, so I called them this morning to see if it was in. After sitting on hold for twenty minutes, I gave up and decided to just drive over. After being asked to produce a receipt, then waiting for 30 minutes, it turned out they probably never ordered the part. They can't find a record that it was ordered, and certainly can't find the actual part, so it will be reordered Monday And when I tried to leave, they had my car blocked in by all their various loaner vehicles!

And of course there was my torn boots episode as well

I'm going to be so happy to meet a good, honest, competent mechanic (hopefully this week, mikemover gave me a good recommendation last week) that I'll probably drop down and kiss his feet on the spot.

So, I know it's not just me. How do the rest of these guys stay in business? I'd get fired if my job performance was comparable.

Last edited by webwench; 11-13-2004 at 03:43 PM.