Thread: Reality TV?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 11:59 PM
TURBODIESEL

I believe TV and its programming have lost it. What happened to the discovery channel? All the shows seem like a very long advertisement! I have stopped watching TV completely. Every show either wants to sell a product that you "need", push a message about politics, behavior, language, or anything else they see fit, and I see a disturbing negative slant quickly becoming vertical in the intellectual area of (insert program here) ... I have stopped watching completely. When I do see it, I am amazed how bad it is. Does 1984 come to mind….. wait a second, if they reduce thought to a level of immediate acceptance (dangerously close) there will never be a need for "thought police"......

It scares me to think how many people watch tv and take it as fact, some people at my workplace quote news stories and defend them as if it were their life!

I do not think I will expose my children to the tv, my parents did the same favor for me! (do you think that has anything to do with my position?)

I do not see it as entertainment – more of a waste of time. What can I do in ½ hour that is productive? (yes, I do realize I spend hours on end on a automotive enthusiasts site doing nothing but BSing, but I do need some time to relax and learn more intresting things about diesel automobiles !)

some food for thought....
2007 OM642 Jeep WK 4x4

Last edited by Breckman99; 11-15-2004 at 03:36 AM.