View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 04:06 PM
TURBODIESEL

I have been using the same glow plugs that are specified for the 617 engine. If anyone has a diagram I can probably fix it, I just didn't want to spend all the time tracing where all the wires go! The main problem is every time I start it hot (which can be allot of the time) the plugs run for up to three minutes!! The power of the engine is not good when the plugs are on. when I bought the relay kit it came with the plugs - which were no different from the ones I usually buy anyway.

To keep my fuel a liquid I usually run a additive in the winter, and no it does stay outside. It stays plugged in, and on those real cold nights I run a small electric heater inside the car. The only time I have ever had a problem is when the plugs go out (too often) and when my block heater fried. Where I work I have heated underground parking, so there is no issue there. My work is also about a 2 minute walk to the ski lift, so I usually never park outside except at night where I can plug in and small stops at stores.
2007 OM642 Jeep WK 4x4