View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 04:32 PM

WOW...Sounds like things have definitely changed in middle America... strippers, bikinis, wet T-shirts, huh? What, no pole dancing?

Been to a lot of car shows, polished lots of chrome, buffed acres of paint and hauled home my share of trophies, but never ran across that. Usually good time oldies rock n roll, burgers and dogs, porta-potties, and no shade. Also sounds like you have found a show that doesn't deserve your entry fee next year. If there is a next year for them...

About the only way you'll beat the local multi-make car show system is to carefully study the entry options available to you. The foreign makes are always at a disadvantage because most of these shows are for US iron. That said, sometimes they will group by year of production, and sometimes will include a catch-all "foreign" class. Study the entry carefully for your best class opportunity. Your best chance for friendly competition is to try the MBCA section shows. When I lived in Colorado I enjoyed the Denver show, real good folks, nice venue, proper judging by MBCA rules. Colorado Springs did a good job, too. There may be something similar for you in the OK area.

Good luck, and posting some pics of your 250 would be nice...

230/8