View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 12:21 PM

Ok..

Well, here is the page I am on....

The cam sensor is L5/1. It is just to the left of the thermostat housing and goes into the head .. It is a pick-up that identifies the positon of the cam.. It has a gap adjustment/clearance spec. to the cam segments of .4-.6mm. This is the Gap clearance for it to work properly and is set with shim washers..The signal it sends to the ECU is an a/c sig of .5-1.5 volts.
There is only one of these . It sincs the injectors [among other things]

The cam magnet [which I assume you think is a sensor] is in front of the cam and it advances the intake cam when the ECU mapping decides to do it... this will be determined by various ECU load/air volume/ temps/etc .
This device does not send a sig to the ECU, it recieves a sig from the ECU.. so.. it is an acuator, not a sensor..
I have been trying to help in your diagnosis, but you write back such things as No cam sens. or this is HFM , so this does that , etc..
I assure you I am familiar with the HFM/SFI particulars and can only advise possible solutions if my questions are answered without the assumptions..
The reason for my question of the compression on the other cylinders
is to help verify to me if you have a valve chain timing problem or just bad comp on that one jug..so, we are still down to that question.???????