View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 11:50 PM

Nope Darn-it

Me and my truck were volunteered by my girlfriend to help her friend pick up a couch and my girlfriend could get her couch back that was on "loan." Five hours later, I get home and it's 9pm. So I didn't really have the time to drill the dealer and work something out. It's too late to call and there is no way I am driving down there tomorrow without any guarantee that the car will even be there. And they be closed on Sunday, who knows, maybe I could convince him of coming in on his day off and sell me the car? I wonder if that is legal, since I believe it is against the law for a dealer to be open on Sunday. Of course he said some guy is coming up from Austin to take a look at the car - Tom, would that be you? Get it if you want it, I won't be able to and somebody here might as well get it. Or Jimmy, you did all the work, and you really liked it. Pick it up and try to get rid of the wagon.

I did get the number to the previous owner. Some lady, and I called her, but no answer. I really wanted to talk to her.

I'm kinda bummed, as I was looking forward to finally getting an MB. But oh-well, another will come along sometime. It's just frustating spending so much time looking, and calling people, asking them the same questions over and over, judging their character, thinking this may be the one, looking at the car (in this case Jimmy was nice enough to do that for me) and then walking away. Start the process again.

Next week I go out of town for thanskgiving, visit the ol' grandparents. So even if the car was still for sale, I couldn't get it. I would have to wait for the weekend after the next two. I dont' think it will be there still. I could have it shipped for $500-700, but I may as well buy a $4000 car then. They seem to get pretty nice around that price.

Speaking of more money... Tom, what year, how many miles on your SDL. How much did you pay? Do you have experience with the 617? I wonder how different they drive.

Maybe I'll try to call the previous owner agian and then the dealer. See if there is something we can work out. But really don't think anybody else should feel bad if they want to jump on this thing.