View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemover
Are you nuts? Look how LOW that mileage is! It's worth every penny.

The rust spot is VERY minor...that's the first spot that most wagons START to rust in, which means there's probably not any significant rust elsewhere, and it's easy for any competent body shop to fix. The minor dings are an even easier fix.

The stains in the cargo area are very common too....this IS a wagon, after all....and a shampooing would make a world of difference.

Oh, well....Value is always in the eye of the beholder.

Mike
I have two wagons- one that had at least 230K- a '80, when I bought it. No papers, and a non turbo. $2300. Very very few problems in the three years of ownership. I bought a one owner '82 wagon (126K when I bought it, $3000) from a doctor who spent all the money he and the dealers thought the car needed. Two inches of paperwork. More problems than the '80 by far after two years. Low milage and one owner is means little to me. The interior is showroom shape however.... no carpet stains at all. Any wagon over $3500 should have NO issues at all if you ask me. There are more than enough wagons out there that anyone can find one without issues for less than that. Want proof? Just look at the 81 for $1700 earlier in this thread. I dont mean to degrade anyone or their car, but that's what I think. This view sure doesn't raise my wagons value, so you can't think I'm selfish at minimum....

Last edited by MTUpower; 11-20-2004 at 08:30 PM.