View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 01:28 PM

roof painting

the best way to approach this would be to paint the entire roof including sun roof panel. now i don't really know what your roof looks like but my 3 mbz all have a water channel in the middle soooo those are the break lines for repainting the roof. but again i don't know if you have a natural parting line. my cars are 2 w126's and a 107.

i don't believe you have base coat clear coat. but you need to talk to a paint supplier who sells dupont. PPG and ?. try to get them to color match. not just use the codes in the books but have them analyze the color then go to their computer and it will come up with the corresponding mix.

on the other hand there is a guy that has a car wash / detail shop here in town that does ding and scratch repairs. i've seen some of his work and unless you know you'd never guess if and where it was spotted. so i feel there is some hope for you.

but please stay away from the maaco and earl schieb shops. find an independant and try to work with him.

1972 350sl Red/Blk 117k
1988 420sel charcoal/Blk 140k
1987 420sel gold/tan 128k
See My Cars at:http://mysite.verizon.net/res0aytj/index.html

Pound it to fit then Paint it to match!

There is only First Place and Varying degrees of last!

Old age and deceit will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm every time!

Putting the square peg in the round hole is not hard... IF you do it fast enough!

Old enough to know better but stupid enough to do it anyway!