View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 04:05 PM

Anybody need parts? stripping an 83-300SD

I’m stripping a 1983 300 SD bought from a friend. I am taking some things for my own ’84 300SD either to use or as spares (headlights, alternator, windshield wiper motor, fuel pump, vacuum pump) and will sell the rest of the car, including the following:

• Climate control module (have two, working one and a spare)
• Radio (Becker, newer than original)
• Speakers
• Wood fascia
• Trim & interior
• Seats- still solid structurally, and the driver’s seat has the optional inflatable lumbar support, but the leather is pretty beat
• Engine – 5 cylinder turbo diesel, 207k+miles
• Transmission- same mileage, seems to shift well
• Window motors
• Switch panels from dash
• Spare (original) headlights
• Blower fan
• Condenser
• Radiator
• Power steering pump
• Four wheels (I keep the best four)

Engine seemed tight and strong, transmission shifted fine and had no slippage. I drove it about 90 miles from his house to mine with no ill effects. The body has some rust, but if you want the whole car minus the parts I want, make an offer. Basically, asided from what I want it's all for sale. All parts (or the complete car) will be sold as is, no warranty implied, but if I know there's a problem I will tell you.

I’m going to e-bay any remaining parts after Sunday Dec 5 in a one week auction If you want anything beforehand, e-mail me with an offer. I’ll take cash, certified check, Paypal, or a personal check if you don’t mind waiting until it clears. Shipping will be at the buyer’s expense. You can pick up parts if you want- the car is in Salem, NH.

You can see some photos of the car (still in one piece) at:

http://homepage.mac.com/rdsw/1983_300SD_Benz/PhotoAlbum3.html