View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 08:03 PM

I lied, what I thought to be the modulator was on my other right, ie the left side of the tranny. I think I may have found the culprit. I have ALOT of oil coming from around the dipstick/filler tube and surrounding area. Theres also a reddish/orange boot which holds a pipe of some sort. I didn't trace it to where it goes, but it goes up towards the engine compartment. These pics are going to be at funky angles since it's hard to for me to hold the camera still while on my back head at the transmission, feet out the front, taking a picture towards the rear At least I have the header pipe still dropped!

While these may be upside down, these photos are from the front passenger's side of the tranny looking back. Also, it is a 722.323 however I'm sure ya'll probably had that figured out

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/288a1cdd/cf08/__sr_/76ec.jpg?pht_6sBBPJ_7tCL3

Anyway, can anyone help identify components, espeically the white line that up from the reddish/orange fitting? It doesn't just pull out like a vacuum tube.

I'm going to try wipeing everything down and tightening up the bolts holding the filler/dipstick tube. I suspect I may have rocked it too much pulling the heads from the engine, but this beast was leaking before I pulled it out of service.

Thanks for the advice!

Scott