View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrameow
Last week I heard a guy tell some lady complaining that she couldnt get her car started in cold weather that she should check her choke. Not bad if her car was made, twenty years earlier..
I can't tell you how many watercooler discussions I have overheard where the office jocks tell ladies straight-faced what is wrong with their cars, though you can tell that their knowledge is minimal. I know they mean well, and when I was young I did the same stupid thing among many other stupid things I still do even though I consider myself mature now.. I mean I am ignorant about finance and real estate and i catch myself giving stupid advice to others sometimes thats probably equally comical..
Guys around the water cooler tend to talk about a lot of things they know nothing about. I've given up on arguing about things, even when I really do know what I'm talking about, because I know they'll try to contradict everything.

It's called "man-facting." Not just talking about something one knows nothing about, but arguing strongly about something of which you have no knowledge.
==========================