View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-townbenzoboy
Speaking of cornbread, I have noticed there are many different ways to make it. Some people just use cornbread or muffin mix, mix in an egg and some milk, and bake it. I've heard of and once prepared some cornbread with a little bit of sugar in it. Some even use SPOILED MILK!!! EWWWW.... Each to their own I guess.
Has anyone ever done this when eating cornbread, or "Johnny Cake" as my northern friends call it, put the cornbread in a glass or cup, pour some milk over it, and eat it with a spoon? It's pretty good, although I don't think it has a formal name to it.
-Joe
Sure.

Take cornbread from the table after dinner. Crumble it into a tall glass. Bring a long-handled spoon with you and sit on the couch in front of the TV.

Have your wife:
Slice some dill pickles and/or pickled green tomatoes and a sliced onion on the side on a plate;
Pour clabbered milk (buttermilk) over the cornbread in the glass as you watch the SEC game between GA and and Auburn--she must not make you glance from the screen, its an art;
She may go and clean the kitchen or whatever women do during the game.

Without looking from the TV, take a bite from the pickle or tomato and then a bite from the onion. Wash it down with the cornbread slurry. You're supposed to dribble the partially masticated goo all over your wifebeater--she'll wash it later.

If you finish the clabbered milk before the pickle and onion, yell at your wife to bring some more of everything.

The spoon is for getting the chunks of cornbread crust that stick to the glass. You must do that without looking from teh screen. If you flip the soggy crust to the flooor, don't worry, what's her name will clean it after the game while you nap on the couch with the chihuahua sleeping on your fat belly.

Bot