View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 06:26 PM

Let me post one caveat about my claim of superiority of Ultra Gloss over NXT (and Eagle One Nano Wax too, for that matter). I did find it a HUGE amount of work to apply NXT and Nano evenly, without having skips or too-heavy areas that were very hard to buff out. I did have a problem with streaking on our dark to medium color cars. None of these problems with Ultra Gloss. BUT, if you are having a problem with swirl marks, other semi-microscopic scratch lines in the clearcoat, or outright scratches in (but not through) the clearcoat, Ultra gloss is not your best wax for a cure. Our MB is virtually new, so we have few of these (thank heavens). But all cars get them, and I keep some NXT and Nano around for those limited areas where these things become problems. But for a general wax job ---- one that is not done to cure such damage ---- I still go with Ultra gloss liquid for the same hardness, shine, and durability with less work. Should I then find an area with some small scratching, I apply a product like Meguires Scratch Remover followed by a spot waxing with NXT or Nano. But for the whole car, I find those to be just too much work, taking too much time that could be better spent clay barring the horizontal surfaces or such.

I've tried Ultra Gloss in paste wax too. It is actually easier to apply and buff than the liquid. BUT, the finish isn't as hard as with the liquid, meaning fingerprints and dust accumulation from our constantly dusty climate here in Okla.

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited by dolebludger; 12-11-2004 at 06:45 PM.