View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Here's Your Sign.......

NE GTG - Follow Up Thread!!!!

I figured I would be the one to start a new thread just for the fun of it.....

Well - What a great day for traveling. I ran into everything posible from a weather standpoint - Rain, Winds, Snow, Etc.. Left at 5:00AM heading for the CT Coast and arrived 5 1/2 hours later. The SDL was all geeked out with electronics for the trip. Cell Phone, Ham Radio, GPS, Laptop running Street Atlas 2005 (with voice command), and a variety of CD's. AND I FORGOT THE DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!!

The car ran perfect!!!! The most notable fix that I appreciated was the repair of the Cruise Control. Set It and Forget It.

There really is nobody in Update NY to have a GTG with - so it seems I have been accepted as a honorary New Englander.

First to arrive was Doug with his Wagon around 11:00AM and from there approx. 8-9 cars showed up. Watching the group dynamics as we swarmed either as one big group or as little groups from one car to another was fun. Boy did I learn alot from Hattie's car (Psst. Thanks Dad)

After 3 hours I had filled my little brain with enough 'Little Items' information that I look forward to the next couple of jobs. My biggie for the day was my Power Antenna issue. Let me take that back - Knowing that my engine sounds normal was the biggie - not really having anyone around here to compare with. Hattie - Again - Thanks for the tip on the bushing.

Hit the road at 2:00PM and was home by 7:30PM. After 11 hours of driving yesterday - I feel great physically. Slept wonderfully and did not wake up sore. What a SMOOOOTH ride

I did not take notes as to who all was there - If someone want's to add a list to this thread - it would be greatly appreciated.

It was GREAT to associate faces with names and cars.

I look forward to the next one.

Stephen

"We cannot change the wind - But we can adjust our sails"