View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 10:41 PM
MLTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerbomark
1999 ML 320, over the past three years wouldn t start 3 times when weather got cold and wet. Always started within one day when I put a 50 amp jump on it. Dealer couldn t find any problem. Battery new/good, charging system check OK. Stalled out and wouldn t start once. Starter OK. Also ESP/BAS light sometimes comes on and goes back off in a day or two.This is when it usually doesn t start. Electrical power is less. Interior lights dimmer. Fan blows slower. #2 postion on heated seats doesn t work. When the vehicle doesn t start, dash lndicator lights light up in a strange way. Some don t light and others like the high beam indicator is on which is not so when vehicle is going to start. When vehicle won t start there is no power to fan blower and radio. HELP ,owned the ML since new and do not want a vehicle with this type of problem. Been to the dealer 3 times with no luck.
I know this is very remedial, but have you replaced the battery? most batteries only last about 3-4 yrs. I had the same symptoms a while back, replaced battery and all was fine. One additional issue was the power locks sputtering as I started to unlock them; when I pulled to a stop and started to unlock after placing in park. If you are having this problem as well, consider the battery???