View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 01:32 AM

Dear 300D,

Don't be afraid to put more pressure. I did mine using pliers while holding tightly on the base of the wiper arm. Just be careful not to overdo it. I would suggest that you give it a twist at a time while doing a visual inspection each time until you get it straight and not give it one big pressure that might destroy the whole arm. As the saying goes "the world was not created in 1 day".

I read through your post entitled W124 wiper. Before I read about the solution mentioned above, I'd like to point out that I've also gone through this route as far back as Y2002:
1. had my wiper disassebled by a competent mercedes technnician in early 2003. He cleaned and lubricated my wiper.
2. Bought new wiper blade assembly
3. Placed RainX several times

All of these did not solve the annoyingly noisy wiper.

I don't know if the problem you have is the same as mine, but you mentioned about your wiper arm resting on its edge (which edge by the way?).

One good reason to believe that your noise is emanating from the wiper blade is when the blade itself is not resting perpendicularly straight on your windshield. This is the time when the blade needs to be replaced or the arm is twisted and needs some straightening.

I hope you keep us posted.