View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 08:41 AM

Willrev,

I have been painting cars, motorcycles, airplanes, etc. for about 30 years and have used Dupont for most of the work. I have used PPG and Glasurit occasionally when the customer demands it. My humble opinion is that the finished product of each brand is so very close in cosmetic quality that it is not worth spending an inordinate amount of time finding a particular brand. If there is a Glasurit jobber near you then I would use him, same with Dupont, and so forth.I did several cars 20 or so years ago (with Dupont) and they still look great, but they are also well cared for and garaged. The products in all companies have changed considerably since 20 years ago, hopefully for the better in longevity, but certainly in ease of use. An outside-air breathing apparatus is necessary for any of the catalytic type paints from any manufacturer, though.
If you want to really get into the details of painting, go to the forum at Autobodystore.com. The site is populated with knowledgeable, friendly people. (Just like here)

Tom