View Single Post
Old 04-03-2001, 02:32 AM
CheFrac is Back!
Mike and John and others,
Thank you so much for the immediate info. Though due to the lack of time I had to deal with this, I had to just deal with a make-shift wiring setup for now.
The yellow wire, constant power, was stuck onto some wire that was not a constant.... makes me wonder what they were thinking?

For the time being, I wired the yellow wire with other wire to the battery terminal. I did not want to find a constant power wire with my limited time and resources. So I actually wired it throughout the car and into the trunk. Anyways, a real pain, but at least it will hold me off until I get the full info and the time to do this right.
Now my CD player keeps it's memory. I can come back to the car and the CD will leave off where it stopped, and I can eject the CD Player without the key in the ignition! Vast improvement.

But I am not done yet. I have two questions:
1. I want to find a constant power wire in the area where the stereo is, since the idiot who put the cd player in didn't do it right. I will then wire the yellow wire to that in lieu of having the wiring go throughout the whole car.
2. I want to find the power wire to the radio so that I can put the red wire from the CD player to it. This way, when I turn the radio on without the key in the ignition, I can operate the CD player also.

Thanks again all.
2006 E350 w/ 155k miles (Daily Driver)

1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)